Are you an ice cream lover? I recommend you to try this gluten-free and vegan homemade magnum. It’s easy! Just follow this 6 steps. It is delicious, and much healthier than the ones we buy in the stores.
Time: 8h (preparation + freezing)
- 2 bananas
- 40 grams of cashews
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable coconut milk (gluten free)
- 1 bar of dark chocolate, plus 75% cocoa (gluten-free)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (gluten-free)
- 1 handful of toasted almonds (gluten free)
1.Soak the cashews in water for an hour or two.
2. When the cashews are soft, mix them with the two bananas and non-dairy milk (for example, coconut milk), using a hand mixer. Then, fill the ice cream molds (4 more or less). You can use the same mold format as the ice creams in the photo). Let it freeze overnight (or at least 6/7 hours).
3. The next day, melt a chocolate bar with the coconut oil in a brain Marie. It is very important that you do it this way and not in the microwave so the chocolate melts properly.
4. Chop the toasted almonds so that you have small pieces for the magnum. Add them to the chocolate. (You can skip this step if you don’t want almond ice cream).
5. Put the chocolate in a glass or a container of a similar format. Take the ice creams out of the mold, one by one, and put them inside the glass to cover them with the chocolate or chocolate with almonds.
6. Leave the ice creams on a parchment paper (so that later you can remove them well) and freeze them again for about 10/15 minutes, or more time if you want to enjoy them later.
Ready to taste your homemade gluten-free magnum?